DUI Entry to Canada Law

Need Help Entering Canada with a DUI 2024? Canadian DUI Immigration Law

Call Toll-Free Within North America (US & Canada)

Enter Canada with DUI

Free consultation if you have been denied entry to Canada. For DUI Canada entry Law call 416 477 2545

Canadian immigration lawyers focused on denied entry to Canada for DUI & DWI entry from USA (American citizens). We offer free consultations. If you are a truck driver, CEO, Flight attendant, Pilot or on business trip to Canada and have a DUI call us today, we are here to help!

Entering Canada with DUBAL

A DUBAL, or Driving with an Unlawful Blood Alcohol Level charge, is unique to the state of Florida. In Florida, when a police officer pulls someone over for impaired driving, the offender initially is charged with the more typical DUI (Driving Under the Influence). However, if the driver submits to a Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) test and is found to have a BAC of .08% or higher, the charge will be converted to DUBAL.

A DUBAL arrest or conviction on record will cause you to be criminally inadmissible to Canada. This means that you will require special permission to cross the border or enter at a port of entry. By applying for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) or Criminal Rehabilitation, you may be able to overcome your criminal inadmissibility and enter Canada.

If you are interested in learning more about your options for traveling to Canada with a DUBAL, contact our team of Canadian immigration lawyers and consultants today for a consultation.

DUBAL Penalties

Florida has the following penalties for being convicted of DUBAL:

On the date of arrest, you might qualify for a 10 day driving permit. After this permit expires, you may not drive until you have served 30 days of your driving suspension. At this time it is possible to apply for a hardship license. To qualify for a hardship license you must have a valid reason to apply (for example, work or business) and pay the requisite fees. You must also provide proof of enrollment in a driving under the influence school.

If you are planning to travel to Canada with a DUBAL, contact us today for a consultation. Our team of experts (Lawyers and consultants) can help determine the best steps to take in overcoming your inadmissibility.