DUI Entry to Canada Law

Need Help Entering Canada with a DUI 2024? Canadian DUI Immigration Law

Call Toll-Free Within North America (US & Canada)

Enter Canada with DUI

Free consultation if you have been denied entry to Canada. For DUI Canada entry Law call 416 477 2545

Canadian immigration lawyers focused on denied entry to Canada for DUI & DWI entry from USA (American citizens). We offer free consultations. If you are a truck driver, CEO, Flight attendant, Pilot or on business trip to Canada and have a DUI call us today, we are here to help!

Traveling to Canada with a DUI as a Business Visitor

Canada and the U.S. are massive trading partners. Since the advent of NAFTA, more and more goods and services travel across our borders than ever before. It has been estimated that 1 in 5 jobs in Canada is linked to international trade. Because of our prominent business partnership, a large percentage of American travelers to Canada come here for professional reasons. When crossing the border or arriving at a port of entry into Canada, some of the things officers look for are: financial means to support your stay in Canada, a valid reason for visiting the country, likelihood that you will leave Canada before the expiration of your visa date, and health issues. Coming to Canada as a business visitor is a very strong reason for visiting the country. This is due to the likelihood that you are most likely financially stable and are likely to be contributing to the Canadian economy at large.

Many Americans traveling to Canada on business will be attending conferences or meeting clients on the other side of the border. Sometimes business commitments and opportunities will arise with very short notice and you will need to make travel plans quickly in order to accommodate them. When planning your business trip to Canada, don't neglect the one thing that could derail all of your plans: being denied entry at the Canadian border. Despite having a valid reason for entering the country, you may still be found criminally inadmissible to Canada if you have a DUI arrest or conviction on your record. It could cause you frustration, embarrassment, or even a potential client if you are stopped at the border and sent home (denied entry to Canada).

If you do have upcoming business to attend to in Canada, your best bet is to apply for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP). A TRP, when approved, will allow you to enter Canada multiple times until the permit expires. Temporary Resident Permits can be issued for only 1 day or up to 3 years. This expiration date is largely determined by the strength of your application. You could submit a TRP application to a Canadian Consulate, but processing may take up to 6 months. If you are traveling soon, you always have the option of bringing your application to the border and submitting it there. If successful, you will receive a TRP and be on your way!

Losing out on business or other professional opportunities in Canada doesn't need to happen. Our team of Canadian immigration lawyers and consultants has the experience and knowledge to help you put your best foot forward. Find out how we can help you with your business trip to Canada today!